Private Business Updates:
The following Florida stores are open:
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
- Academy Sports
- Ace Hardware
- Advanced Autoparts
- Auto Zone (Live Oak location)
- B&B Food Store-35
- Beef O Brady’s (Suwannee location)
- Big Lots – Live Oak and Lake City
- Big Top Supermarket (Eastpoint location)
- Birdsong Peanuts (Lee location)
- Branford Hardware (Suwanee location)
- Branford Old General Store (Suwannee location)
- Busy Bee (Live Oak and Madison)
- BP Country Shop (Bell location)
- Carters Crossroads County Store (Chiefland location)
- Capital City Bank (Madison and Perry - powered by generator)
- Charles Walk of Lake City (Lake City location)
- Cheek and Scott Pharmacy (Suwannee location)
- Circle K (Lake City, Levy, Williston locations)
- Country Quick Stop (Bell location)
- C&R Quick Stop Inc. (Chiefland location)
- Crossroads Country Store (Chiefland location)
- Dairy Queen 817 Ohio Ave S, Live Oak , Fl 32064 and 6580 US 129, Jasper FL
- Downtown Café (Suwannee location)
- Dollar General (Live Oak, Cross City, Crystal River, Fort White, Fanning Springs, Madison, Monticello, Perry, and White Springs locations)
- Dollar Tree (Lake City, Live Oak, and Madison locations)
- Dominoes (Lake City, Live Oak, Perry location)
- Family Dollar (Bell, Lake City Live Oak and Citrus County locations) Live Oak is dry goods only.
- Fast Track (Greenville, Mayo and Lamont stores are open)
- FEDEX Stores
- Fusion Buffet (Suwanee location)
- Harbor Freight Tools
- Live Oak location - limited hours (09/02 - open from 8a.m.- 5p.m.
- Hershel’s Quick Shop (Otter Creek location)
- Home Depot
- Huddle House (Chiefland and Lake City locations)
- IGA (Lake Butler and Branford locations
- Jiffy Food Store (Mayo, Cedar Key, Suwannee, Madison, and Chiefland locations)
- Jimmie’s Autoport
- John’s Feed Store (Suwannee location)
- KC’s Produce (Lake City location)
- Kwik King Food Stores (Morriston location)
- Lafayette State Bank (Bell, Branford, Mayo and Live Oak locations - powered by generator)
- Loaf 'n Jug (Lake City location)
- Loves Travel Stop (Jasper location - on full power)
- Marathon Gas Station
- Manatee Jiffy (Chiefland location)
- MA N PA Xpress (Trenton location)
- McDonald's – White Springs (cash only)
- Moe’s Southwest Grill (Suwannee location)
- Moon Rock Bluff Stone (Bell location)
- Munchies Food Store (Lake City location)
- Murphy Express- (Chiefland location)
- Murphy USA (Live Oak location)
- Napa Auto Parts (Mayo location - CASH ONLY)
- Noble Food Mart (Bronson location)
- O'Reilly Autoparts
- Perry location - limited hours (closes at 6p.m.) - powered by generator
- Our Place Pizzeria (Suwannee location)
- Pizza Hut – Perry and Monticello locations
- Quality Inn – all Florida locations open (Live Oak, White Springs and Lake City)
- Rocky’s Convenience Store & Gas Station (Perry location)
- Save-a-lot (Crystal River and Cross City locations)
- Spring Food Store (Lake City locations)
- Stop & Go Food Store (Lake City locations)
- Sonny’s Barbeque (Lake City location)
- S&S Foods/Sunstop (Bell, Live Oak, Lake City, Jasper, Fort White, McAlpin, Trenton, White Springs, and Branford locations)
- Suwanee River Federal Credit Union
- TD Bank – Lake City locations are open
- Thriftway Supermarket (Mayo location)
- Tractor Supply
- Waffle House
- Walkers Pecan House (Lamont location)
- Wells Fargo
- Wendy’s (Lake City location)
- Winn Dixie
- Zaxby’s (Suwanee location)
The following Florida stores are closed:
- Dollar General – Cedar Key
- McDonald's – Perry locations
- Verizon - Madison store is closed.
Local Businesses/Small Grocery & Convenience Stores – CONFIRMED OPEN
- 357 Sunstop – 15726 SE Hwy 19, Cross City – Dixie County
- B & B Gas and Food Store – 3790 E US Hwy 90, Wellborn – Suwannee County
- Bakers Electronics and Communications - SW Main Blvd, Lake City, Fl - Columbia
- Big O’s 3233- S Salt Rd Monticello 32344 (Jefferson)
- Birdsong Peanuts – 264 SE Donaldson Road, Lee – Madison County
- BP Country Shop – 869 S Main Street, Bell – Gilchrist County
- Branford Hardware- Suwanee location is open.
- Branford Old General Store- Suwannee location is open.
- Branford Parts City – Branford/Suwannee County
- Busy Bee – 7905 SW US Hwy 27, Fort White – Columbia County
- Busy Bee – 4772 NW US Hwy 41, Lake City – Columbia County
- Busy Bee – 6458 NW US Hwy 129, Live Oak – Suwannee County
- Busy Bee – 3790 E US Hwy 90, Wellborn – Suwannee County
- Carters Crossroads County Store- Chiefland store is open.
- C & R Quick Stop – NW Lake Jeffrey Road, Lake City – Columbia County
- Casey’s Cove Convenience Store - 4755 SW Highway 358, Steinhatchee Taylor, 32359
- Cedar Key RV Resort – 11980 SW Shiloh Road, Cedar Key – Levy County
- Cedar Key General Resort – 7690 SW State Road 24, Cedar Key – Levy County
- Cherry Lake- 8061 N State Rd 53 32340 (Madison)
- Clover Farm, today 8-5 & tomorrow normal hours- 1010 E Base St 32340 (Madison)
- C&R Quick Stop Inc.- Chiefland store is open.
- Copeland Medical Center – Live Oak/Suwanee County is open for emergencies only
- Crossroads Country Store- Chiefland store is open.
- Crystal Tractor and Equipment – Live Oak/Suwannee County
- Charles Walk of Lake City- Lake City store is open.
- Discount Food Mart- 7680 N US Highway Fanning Springs 32693 (Gilchrist)
- Dixie Ones Stop – 19232 SE Hwy 19 Cross City 32628 (Dixie)
- EZ Corner Food Store – 701 Houston Ave NW, Live Oak
- EZ Discount Beverages – S Byron Butler Pkwy Perry (Taylor)
- Farmer’s CoOp is open – Live Oak/Suwannee County
- FreshStart Nutrition – 102 E Howard St. Live Oak, FL 32064
- Fusion Buffet- Suwanee location is open.
- Gate – 2940 County Road 136 White Springs (Hamilton)
- Hitchcock’s/ Foodway Market – 205 2nd Ave, Jasper (Hamilton)
- Hudson Food Stores – 109 NW 3rd Ave 32626 (Levy)
- Hudson Food Stores – 13835 NE Hwy 349 32680 (Dixie)
- Italian Pizzeria - 602 Howard St., Live Oak, Fl 32064
- Jasper Nutrition – 1150 US Hwy 41 NW, Ste 11, Jasper, FL
- John’s Feed Store- Suwannee location is open.
- KC’s Produce- Lake city store is open.
- JK Food Mart – 969 Ohio Ave N Live Oak (Suwannee)
- Jennings Mini Mart – 1186 Hamilton Ave Jennings (Hamilton)
- Johnson & Johnson – 4772 NW US Hwy 41 Lake City (Columbia)
- Kathi’s Krab Shack – Steinhatchee/Taylor County is open.
- Krispy Krunchy Chicken – W Washington St Monticello (Jefferson)
- Loaf 'n Jug- Lake City location is open.
- Maddie’s Market - (815 1st Ave S, Steinhatchee, FL) - open on generator; called 9/2 unable to connect to confirm
- Madison RV Resort – Limited Opening - No power, hoping to have power restored by Wednesday but people can come camp with generator power.
- Moon Rock Bluff Stone- Bell location is open.
- Munchies Food Store- Lake City and Perry
- Ni’s Fast Mart- the Live Oak store is open.
- Noble Food Mart- Bronson location is open.
- Nowhere Grille- Perry location open.
- Old Mexico - 2241 S Byron Butler Pkwy, Perry, FL (Taylor)
- Old Town Family Market (formerly Hitchcock’s Market) – 26064 SE Highway 19 Old Town (Dixie)
- Our Place Pizzeria- Suwannee location is open.
- Pit Stop - Lake City, Fort White, Jasper
- Pure Discount Store - 296 E Base St. Madison, Fl 32340
- Rancho Grande Mexican Restaurant – Madison is open
- Robbies Café - 803 Pinewood Dr. SW, Live Oak – Suwanne County
- Spring Food Store- Lake City store open
- Stop & Go Food Store – 5277 S US Hwy 441, Lake City – Columbia County
- Sunny Food Mart – 1607 US Highway 41 NW – Jasper 32052
- The Gathering - 116 Suwanee Ave, SW Branford 32008 - Suwanee County
- The Old General Store – 513 US 27, Branford – Suwannee County
- Trade Post – 5606 NE Hwy 349 Old Town 32680 (Dixie)
- Two Sisters Country Store – NE Hwy 349 Old Town 32680 (Dixie)
- Walkers Pecan House- Lamont store is open.
- W.B. Howland’s Building Supply is open – Live Oak/Suwannee County
Hurricane Idalia Update:
On August 26, 2023, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 23-171, declaring a state of emergency for 33 counties due to Hurricane Idalia.
Business Damage Assessment Survey:
FloridaCommerce and the State Emergency Response Team (SERT) activated the Business Damage Assessment Survey in response to Hurricane Idalia. Survey responses will allow the state to expedite Hurricane Idalia recovery efforts by gathering data and assessing the needs of affected businesses. Businesses can complete the survey online by visiting www.FloridaDisaster.biz and selecting “Hurricane Idalia” from the dropdown menu.
Emergency Bridge Loan:
Governor Ron DeSantis activated the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program, making $20 million available for businesses impacted by Hurricane Idalia. Florida small business owners in need of assistance are encouraged to visit www.FloridaJobs.org/EBL to apply for the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program. Businesses in the following counties, including sole proprietors, are eligible to apply:
Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Citrus, Columbia, Dixie, Franklin, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Hernando, Hillsborough, Jefferson, Lafayette, Leon, Levy, Madison, Manatee, Marion, Pasco, Pinellas, Sumter, Suwannee, Taylor, Union and Wakulla counties.
Disaster Unemployment Assistance:
FloridaCommerce announced that Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) is available to Florida businesses and residents whose employment or self-employment was lost or interrupted as a direct result of Hurricane Idalia and are not eligible for regular state or Federal Reemployment Assistance benefits. Eligible Floridians whose employment or self-employment was lost or interrupted as a direct result of Hurricane Idalia are encouraged to submit a claim at www.FloridaJobs.org.
Transportation Waivers: The Florida Department of Transportation issued Emergency Order 23-06 on August 27, 2023 to allow the establishment of alternate size and weight restrictions for divisible loads on any vehicles transporting emergency equipment, services, supplies or personnel. An Emergency Road Use Permit Letter must be used in conjunction with the referenced maps for overweight vehicles.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles issued Emergency Order 082623 on August 26, 2023 to waive the hours-of-service requirements for vehicles engaged in emergency response.
Governor Ron DeSantis announced that he has directed the suspension of tolls along Florida’s west coast in preparation for Tropical Storm Idalia. By suspending tolls in the impacted area, Floridians and visitors will be better able to quickly and safely evacuate when directed by local officials. Tolls will be waived beginning at 4:00AM on Tuesday, August 29, 2023.
Early Prescription Refills Permitted Under State of Emergency: Under a state of emergency, a pharmacist can dispense an existing refill prescription early to persons who reside in an area or county covered under the executive order and to emergency personnel who have been activated by their state or local agency but do not reside in an area or county covered by this executive order. An early refill may include controlled substances as long as the medical drug is not listed in Schedule II appearing in Chapter 893, Florida Statutes, of the Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act. Under this state of emergency and pursuant to section 252.358, Florida Statutes, all health insurers, managed care organizations, and other entities that are licensed by the Office of Insurance Regulation shall waive time restrictions on early refills.
Private Sector Support:
- Rosen Hotels and Resorts is activating their Florida Residents Distressed Rates to give Floridians a safe, affordable place to stay during Tropical Strom Idalia. Evacuees can call 866-33-ROSEN (76736) to reserve a room.
- VISIT FLORIDA has activated the Emergency Accommodations Module with Expedia to provide real-time availability of hotel rooms throughout the state.
- Walgreens has four mobile pharmacies positioned ready to deploy along with additional generators and are prepared to provide mobile pharmacy services for shelters.
- Comcast’s preparations include staging emergency generators and fuel trucks as well as bringing in additional technical and network restoration teams that are ready to be deployed into any impacted area.
- Comcast has opened 141,000 public Xfinity WiFi hotspots in areas it serves across Florida in Hurricane Idalia’s potential path for anyone to use, including non-Xfinity customers, for free.
- FloridaCommerce has also been in contact with Amazon who will donate gift cards and supplies to nonprofits following the storm.
- Private-sector partner, Uber, is offering round-trip rides to and from shelter locations in Alachua, Citrus, Collier, Dixie, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lake, Leon, Marion, Manatee, Nassau, Orange, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota, Sumter, Union and Volusia Counties counties listed at www.FloridaDisaster.org. Riders can enter promotional code IDALIARELIEF in the app to redeem a free round-trip up to $35 each way. Rides must be requested to or from any state-approved evacuation shelter in Florida.
- U-HAUL is offering 30 days of free self-storage or container use at more than 50 of its locations across the state.
- Visa is waiving interchange fees for donations made to the Florida Relief Fund. They will match employee donations made in support of Florida disaster relief efforts and the Visa Small Business Team has activated their Back to Business tools to help Floridians affected by Hurricane Idalia.
- Crisis mode has been turned on for all OnStar-equipped Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac owners impacted by Hurricane Idalia. Services are complimentary. Just push your OnStar button and say "advisor".
- Wells Fargo is ready to support Floridians - providing access to accounts, banker support on their customer assistance line at 1-800-219-9739, and supporting recovery efforts.
- T-Mobile has activated its emergency plan so teams can quickly begin recovery efforts to keep communities, first responsders and customers along the Gulf Coast and Atlantic Seaboard connected.
- Verizon is waiving prepaid and postpaid domestic call/text/data usage incurred from August 30 - September 13, for Florida residents in the areas most impacted by the storm.
- Anheuser-Busch delivering more than 100,000 cans of emergency drinking water to support hurricane relief efforts in Florida.
- AT&T is waiving the following charges for residential and business wireline orders placed now through September 30, 2023.
- Service charge for installation of service at the temporary or new permanent location of the customer and again when the customer moves back to the original premises.
- Fee for one jack and associated wiring at the temporary location regardless of whether the customer has the Inside Wire plan.
- Fee for up to five free jacks and associated wiring for Inside Wire Plan customers upon their return to their permanent location.
- Fee for one jack and associated wiring for non-Plan customers upon their return to their permanent location.
- One-time activation fee for establishing Remote Call Forwarding, Remote Access to Call Forwarding, Call Forwarding features and AT&&T Unified Messaging services.
- Monthly rate for one month for Remote Call Forwarding, Remote Access to Call Forwarding, Call Forwarding features and AT&&T Messaging services.
Florida Disaster Fund:
Governor Ron DeSantis and First Lady Casey DeSantis announced the activation of the Florida Disaster Fund to support communities impacted by Hurricane Idalia. The fund is a component of the Volunteer Florida Foundation, Florida’s official 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports volunteerism, community service, and disaster recovery. To donate, click here.
Road Conditions and Closures:
For current road conditions and closures, visit www.FL511.com.
Report Price Gouging:
Report price gouging to the Florida Attorney General HERE.